"Our vision is to impact thousands of
families in Greater New Orleans to
find their pleasure in Jesus Christ."
The Six Principles of Becoming a New Member
- Because it is my conviction that God is leading me to Memorial Baptist Church, I profess that I am a “born again” Christian who has been saved from my sins by receiving God’s free gift of eternal life that only comes through trusting in Jesus Christ as my Savior. Therefore, I pledge to be a functioning member of Memorial Baptist Church. As a functioning member, I will serve. I will give. I will minister. I will evangelize. I will study. I will seek to be a blessing to others. And I will remember that “if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if one member is honored all the members rejoice with it.
- I will seek to be a source of unity at Memorial Baptist Church. I know there are no perfect pastors, staff, or other church members. However, neither am I perfect. I will not be the source of gossip or dissention. One of the greatest contributions I can make is to do all I can in God’s power to help keep Memorial Baptist Church unified for the sake of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- I will not let my church membership be about my preferences or desires. That type of attitude is self-serving. As a member at Memorial Baptist Church I choose to serve Christ as I serve others. My Savior laid down his preferences to go to a cross for me. Therefore, I can deal with any inconveniences or matters that are simply not my preference or style.
- I will pray for Memorial Baptist Church every week. I will pray for the pastor, the staff, other members, the ministries of the church, and the lost in our community. I understand that if I do not pray, I forfeit God’s power, the church’s productivity, and the church’s potential in the days ahead to be the light of Christ in our community and around the world.
- I pledge to lead my family in being fruit bearing members of Jesus Christ and our church. I will challenge my family to pray together for the church. I will challenge my family to worship together in the church. I will challenge my family to serve together in the church. As a family we will ask Christ to help us fall deeper in love with the church because He gave His life for her.
- I understand that church membership is a gift from God. Therefore, I pledge to treasure my church membership at Memorial Baptist Church. I am humbled and honored to love and serve others in our church. As a member of Memorial Baptist Church I understand that the church is so much greater than one person or member. Our church is part of God’s visible kingdom on the earth, and to disregard the kingdom is to disregard its King.