This Year We Are Doing Something New!
This year we have taken a more devotional approach to our daily reading. We want to introduce you to our NEW Bible Reading Plan and Book Club.
Each day in 2018 will have one chapter of Scripture. These chapters will come primarily from the New Testament. The passages that do come from the Old Testament are a part of the narrative between the time of creation through the period of the Judges.
Each weekday in 2018 will have one chapter from a book in our Reading Club. Each book has been handpicked to help you grow deeper in your walk with the Lord. We haven’t assigned any chapters on the weekends just in case you need to catch up on any unfinished reading. There are thirteen books that we will read over a year’s time. Each of these books can be found in your local book store or online.
Want to see the full plan? Check out the PDF Here.
This Year’s Books are:
1. Cymbala, Jim. Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 1997.
2. Cymbala, Jim. Fresh Faith. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 1999.
3. Cymbala, Jim. Fresh Power. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2001.
4. Dungy, Tony. Quiet Strength: The Principles, Practices, and Priorities of a Winning Life. Carol Stream, IL: Tyndale House Publishers, 2007.
5. Alcorn, Randy. Heaven. Carol Stream, IL: Tyndale House Publishers, 2004.
6. Platt, David. Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream. Colorado Springs, CO: Multnomah Books, 2010.
7. Elliot, Elizabeth. Through Gates of Splendor. Carol Stream, IL: Tyndale House Publishers, 1996.
8. Piper, John. Desiring God. Rev. ed. Colorado Springs, CO: Multnomah Books, 2011.
9. Ravenhill, Leonard. Why Revival Tarries. Minneapolis, MN: Bethany House Publishers, 1987.
10. Evans, Tony. The Kingdom Agenda. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2006.
11. Ripken, Nik. The Insanity of God. Nashville, TN: B & H Publishing Group, 2013.
12. Ripken, Nik. The Insanity of Obedience. Nashville, TN: B & H Publishing Group, 2014.
13. Benge, Janet and Geoff. Lottie Moon: Giving Her All for China. Seattle, WA: YWAM Publishing, 2001.